Therapists are human. Some days we’re on. All the cylinders are firing. That’s when it is natural to be patient, responsive, and compassionate to all our clients. It doesn’t matter what issue comes before us.
Warning Signs for Couples and Marriages
The Ten Warning Signs of a Relationship waiting for Trouble
- You feel that your partner would rather go to others for support rather than you.
- It seems that you and your partner don’t know each other any more.
- What you once did for fun, excitement, and connection, doesn’t work any more.
- The intimacy in your relationship has declined and the feeling of passion has been reduced.
- You notice that either one of you and even both of you, are finding connection and meaning through other relationships either at work, socially, or even with your children.
- You don’t feel attractive to your partner any more.
- You and your partner seem to be more irritable, on edge, and impatient with each other.
- There are more arguments over little things and they don’t get resolved.
- There are periods of time when there is not much said, times of silence.
- It feels like the two of you are stuck and you are spinning your tires.
Do you feel that you can get angry in your relationship and not feel guilty, or that there won’t be any repercussions later on? One of the most difficult emotions to express to the most significant person in your life is anger. Anger is a “hybrid” emotion. It is part vulnerable and part attacking. Feeling anger is like you are being hunted and at the same time you are on the prowl.